Service: Civil & Structural Engineering
Sector: Student Living
Client: Crosslane Student Developments
Involving the redevelopment of a former car park on a challenging and drastically sloping site, this project is located in an area of genuine historic importance. As well as being in a conservation area the building sits opposite and adjacent to Grade II Listed heritage of Woodhouse Square and the neighbouring property. Roscoe were engaged from concept design stage through to delivery when we were novated across to main contractor, Torsion Group.
Features / Challenges
- Steel frame.
- Sloping site creates numerous level changes within structure.
- Perimeter of site retains the highway and requires agreement with Leeds City Council prior to construction.
- Close proximity of adjacent structures complicates foundation solution.
- Coal measures found below the site.
- Medium rise steel frame superstructure with composite metal decking.
- Complex roof geometry with mixture of mansard and hipped profiles.